Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Barbara Weiland, Ph.D. (Adjunct)
- 01/2009-09/2011, Research Fellow, Addiction Research Center and Department of Psychiatry, The University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI
- 01/2007-09/2008, Postdoctoral Fellow, Neuromagnetism Laboratory and Neurology Research, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI
- December, 2006, Ph.D., Biomedical Physics - Oakland University, Rochester, MI
- May 1983, B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Missouri, Rolla
- My research interests include application of neuroimaging to study neural mechanisms involved in addiction, the interaction of liability and environment in risk, and the effect of substance use on the brain.
- Adjunct Faculty, Addiction Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, The University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI
- Assistant Research Professor, Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, The University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Weiland BJ, Yau WY, Welsh RC, Zucker R, Zubieta JK, Heitzeg M. Accumbens functional connectivity during reward mediates sensation-seeking and substance use in high-risk youth, Drug and Alcohol Dependence, (In Press), 10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2012.08.019.
- Weiland BJ, Nigg, JT, Welsh RC, Yau WY, Zubieta JK, Zucker R, Heitzeg M. (2012) Resiliency in adolescents at high risk for substance abuse: flexible adaptation via subthalamic nucleus and linkage to drinking and drug use in early adulthood. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research, 36(6), 1355-1364.
- Yau, WY, Zubieta JK, Weiland BJ, Samudra P, Zucker RA, and Heitzeg MM. (2012) Nucleus Accumbens Response to Incentive Stimuli Anticipation in Children of Alcoholics: Relationships with Precursive Behavioral Behavioral Risk and Lifetime Alcohol Use, Journal of Neuroscience, 32(7): 2544-51.
- Weiland BJ, Boutros N, Moran J, Tepley N, Bowyer SM. (2008) Evidence for a frontal cortex role in both auditory and somatosensory habituation: A MEG study, NeuroImage, 42(2), 827-35.