Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Delia M. Vazquez, M.D.
- Doctorate in Medicine
- B.S., Biology and Chemistry
- Growth and Development
- Risk for Affective Disorders in children
- Effect of steroid treatment in children
- Effect of prenatal stress and depression in infants
- Molecular mechanisms of stress-induced growth stunting, neuro development of the hypathalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis, development of mood systems and seratonin brain system
- Professor, Pediatrics
- Professor, Psychiatry
- Associate Research Scientist, Center of Human Growth and Development
- Research Investigator, Molecular and Behavoiral Neuroscience Institute
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Lattimore KA, Donn SM, Kaciroti N, Kemper AR, Neal CR, Vazquez DM. Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI) Use during Pregnancy and Effects on the Fetus and Newborn: A Meta-Analysis. J Perinatol. 2005 Jul 14; [Epub ahead of print]
- Neal CR Jr, Weidemann G, Kabbaj M, Vazquez DM.Effect of neonatal dexamethasone exposure on growth and neurological development in the adult rat. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2004 Aug;287(2):R375-85. Epub 2004 Apr 29.
- Lopez NL, Vazquez DM, Olson SL. An integrative approach to the neurophysiological substrates of social withdrawal and aggression.Dev Psychopathol. 2004 Winter;16(1):69-93.
- Flagel SB, Vazquez DM, Robinson TE. ulations during the second, but not the first, week of life increase susceptibility to cocaine self-administration in female rats. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2003 Oct;28(10):1741-51.