Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Ivy F. Tso, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Michigan Medical School
- Ph.D. (Clinical Psychology), University of Michigan
- M.S. (Clinical Psychology), University of Michigan
- M.Phil. (Psychiatry), University of Hong Kong
- Psychotic disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Mood disorders
- Cognitive behaviorial therapy
- Social cognition
- Functional neuroimaging
- Assistant Professor, University of Michigan Medical School, Department of Psychiatry
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, University of Michigan Department of Psychology
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Tso IF, Grove TB, Taylor SF. (2010). Emotional experience predicts social adjustment independent of neurocognition and social cognition in schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Research, 122:156-163. PMCID: PMC2891306.
- Tso IF, Grove TB, Taylor SF. (2012). Self-assessment of psychological stress in schizophrenia: Preliminary reliability and validity. Psychiatry Research, 195:39-44.
- Tso IF, Mui ML, Taylor SF, Deldin PJ. (2012): Eye-contact perception in schizophrenia: Relationship with symptoms and socio-emotional functioning. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 121(3):616-627.
- Tso IF, Carp J, Taylor SF, Deldin PJ. (2014). Role of visual integration in gaze perception and emotional intelligence in schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Bulletin, 40(3):617-625. PMCID: PMC3984511.
- Tso IF, Grove TB, Taylor SF. (2014). Differential hedonic experience and behavioral activation in schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Psychiatry Research, 219(3):470-476. PMCID: PMC4143463.
- Tso IF, Calwas AM, Chun J, Mueller S, Taylor SF, Deldin PJ. (2015). Altered attentional and perceptual processes as indexed by N170 during gaze perception in schizophrenia: Relationship with perceived threat and paranoid delusions. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 124(3):519-531. PMCID: PMC4573773.
- Tso IF, Fang Y, Phan KL, Welsh RC, Taylor SF. (2015). Abnormal GABAergic function and face processing in schizophrenia: A pharmacologic-fMRI study. Schizophrenia Research, 168:338-344. PMCID: PMC4591218.
- Taylor SF, Tso IF. (2015). GABA abnormalities in schizophrenia: A methodological review of in vivo studies. Schizophrenia Research, 167(1-3): 84-90. PMCID: PMC4409914.
- Tso IF, Taylor SF, Grove TB, Niendam T, Adelsheim S, Auther A, Cornblatt B, Carter CS, Calkins R, Ragland D, Sale T, McFarlane WR. (In press). Factor analysis of the Scale of Prodromal Symptoms: Data from the Early Detection and Intervention for the Prevention of Psychosis Program (EDIPPP). Early Intervention in Psychiatry. PMCID: PMC4723283.