Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Erin R. Smith, Ph.D.
- Fuller Theological Seminary, Graduate School of Psychology
- The College of William & Mary
- The assessment and treatment of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- PTSD and Comorbid disorders
- Group psychotherapy
- Development of integrated evidenced- based psychosocial interventions for patients with PTSD and depression comorbidities.
- Investigate the efficacy and mechanisms of treatment for PTSD
- Improve understanding of protective factors, especially spirituality, in mediating trauma expression
- Clinical Instructor, University of Michigan, Department of Psychiatry
- Staff Psychologist, Ann Arbor VA Healthcare System
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Smith, E., Duax, J., & Rauch, S.A.M. (In Press) Perceived Perpetration during Traumatic Events: Clinical Suggestions from Experts in Prolonged Exposure Therapy. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice.
- Smith, E. & Rauch, S.A.M., (2010). Posttraumatic Stress Disorder. In M. Hersen & D. Segall (Eds.), Diagnostic Interviewing (4th Edition). New York: Springer.