Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Kelly Ryan, Ph.D.
- University of Michigan Medical School (Postdoctoral Fellowship)
- Wayne State University (Ph.D. & M.A.)
- University of Michigan (B.S.)
- Adult neuropsychological assessment
- Dementia and other neurological disorders
- Use of neuropsychological tests to inform functional outcomes among medical and psychiatric populations.
- Impact of neuropsychological functioning on patient and caregiver well-being.
- Cognitive, behavioral, and functional decline in aging/dementia.
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Neuropsychology Section
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Weisenbach, SL, Marshall, DM, Weldon, AL, Ryan, KA, Vederman, A, Kamali, M, Zubieta, JK, McInnis, M, & Langenecker, SA. (In press). Double Burden of Age and Disease on Cognition and Quality of Life in Bipolar Disorder. Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Saunders, EK, Nazir, R, Kamali, M., Ryan, KA, Evans, S, Langenecker, S, Gelenberg, AJ, & McInnis, M. (In press). Gender differences, Clinical Correlates and Longitudinal Outcome of Bipolar Disorder with Co-mordid Migraine. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry
- Ryan, K.A., Vederman, A.C., Kamali, M., Marshall, D., Weldon, A.L., McInnis, M.G.., & Langenecker, S.L. (2013) Emotion Perception and Executive Functioning in Predicting Work Status in Euthymic Bipolar Disorder. Psychiatry Research, 210, 472-478.
- Saunders, EK, Novick, D., Fernandez-Mendoza, J., Kamali, M. Ryan, KA, Langenecker, S. Gelenberg, A & McInnis, M. (2013). Correlates of Poor Sleep Quality in Inter-episode Bipolar Disorder. International Journal of Bipolar Disorders, 1(16).
- Ryan, K.A., Vederman, A.C., McFadden, E.M., Weldon, A., Kamali, M., Langenecker, S.A., & McInnis, M. (2012). Differential executive functioning performance by phase of bipolar disorder. Bipolar Disorders - An International Journal of Psychiatry and Neurosciences, 14: 527-536.
- Marshall, D., Walker, S., Ryan, K.A., Kamali, M., Saunders, E., Weldon, A., Adams, K., McInnis, M., & Langenecker, S.A. (2012). Greater Executive and Visual Memory Dysfunction in Comorbid Bipolar Disorder (BD) and Substance Use Disorder (SUD) compared to those BD without SUD. Psychiatry Research, 200(2-3), 252-7.
- Ryan, K.A., Weldon, A., Persad, C., Heidebrink, J.L., Barbas, N., & Giordani, B. (2012). Neuropsychiatric symptoms and executive functioning in patients with Mild Cognitive Impairment: Relationship to caregiver burden. Dementia and Geriatric Cognitive Disorders. Dementia and Geriatric Cognitive Disorders, 34, 206-215.
- Ryan, K.A., Weldon, A., Huby, N.M., Persad, C., Bhaumik, A.K., Heidebrink, J.L., Barbas, N., Staffend, N. Franti, L., & Giordani, B. (2010). Caregiver support service needs for patients with mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer''''s disease. Alzheimer’s Disease and Associated Disorders, 24(2): 171-6.