Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Elizabeth A.R. Robinson, Ph.D.
- University of Michigan, Ph.D., 1990
- University of Michigan, MSW, 1986
- University of Michigan, MPH, 1974
- University of Maryland, BA, 1968
- Treatment of alcohol and substance use disorders, including cases with co-morbidity with other psychiatric disorders
- Using meditation in recovery from substance use disorders, depression, PTSD, and other psychiatric disorders
- Therapeutic alliance
- Treatment of alcohol and substance use disorders
- Role of spirituality & religion in recovery from such disorders
- Meditation’s impact on recovery from substance use disorders, depression, PTSD, and other psychiatric disorders; types of meditation useful in those contexts
- Research Assistant Professor
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Robinson, E.A.R., Cranford, J.A., Webb, J.R., & Brower, K.J. (2007). Six-Month Changes in Spirituality, Religiousness, and Heavy Drinking in a Treatment-Seeking Sample. Journal of Studies on Alcohol & Drugs, 68 (2), 282-290.
- Webb, J. R., Robinson, E.A.R., Brower, K.J. & Zucker, R.A. (2006). Forgiveness and alcohol problems among people entering substance abuse treatment. Journal of Addictive Diseases, 25 (3), 55-67.