Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Alan Prossin, MBBS
- 2000 - MBBS - Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, University of the West Indies, Trinidad, West Indies
- Multimodal brain imaging in the investigation and management of psychiatric illness.
- Mood disorders and affect regulation - the impact of the indigenous opiate system on substance abuse and trauma.
- Investigating the mechanism of action and effect of rTMS/ECT in the management of psychiatric illness.
- Schizophrenia - developing a better understanding of the mechanism of action of medications and the role of the immune system in treatment and pathogenesis.
- Clinical Lecturer, Department of Psychiatry
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Novak, J., Georgakoudi, I., Wei, X., Prossin, A., Lin, C.P. (2004). In vivo flow cytometer for real-time detection and quantification of circulating cells. Optics Letters, 29 (1), 77-79.
- Wei, X., Runnels, J. M., Lin, C.P. (2003). Selective Uptake of Indocyanine Green by Reticulocytes in Circulation. Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, 44, 4489-4496. (Publication without authorship - assisted in the histological identification of specimens, the medical interpretation of findings, and the review of manuscript).