Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Susan A. Murphy, Ph.D.
Phone: (734) 647-3684
- Ph.D., University of North Carolina, Statistics (1989)
- M.S., Tulane University, Applied Statistics (1983)
- B.S., Louisiana State University, Mathematics (1980)
- Substance abuse as a chronic, relapsing disorder
- Comorbidities between substance abuse and other disorders
- Tailoring treatment to the patient via adaptive treatment strategies
- Experimental designs for adaptive treatment strategies
- Analysis methods for constructing adaptive treatment strategies
- Causal inference
- Professor, Department of Psychiatry
- H.E. Robbins Professor of Statistics
- Research Professor, Institute for Social Research
Recent or Representative Publications:
- S.A. Murphy, K. Lynch, J. McKay, D. Oslin & T. TenHave (2005). Developing Adaptive Treatment Strategies for Substance Abuse Research, To obtain a copy send email to firstname.lastname@example.org Technical Report 05-71, The Methodology Center, Pennsylvania State University.
- S.A. Murphy, (2005). A Generalization Error for Q-Learning, Journal of Machine Learning Research. 6(Jul):1073--1097.
- L.M. Collins, S.A. Murphy, V. Nair & V. Strecher (2004), A Strategy for Optimizing and Evaluating Behavioral Interventions, Annals of Behavioral Medicine. 30:65-73.
- S.A. Murphy (2005), An Experimental Design for the Development of Adaptive Treatment Strategies., Statistics in Medicine. 24:1455-1481.