Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Brian J. Mickey, M.D., Ph.D. (Adjunct)
- MD, PhD, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- BS, University of Washington, Seattle
- Mood disorders
- Neurostimulation therapies (ECT, TMS, VNS, DBS)
- Pathophysiology of affective disorders
- Functional neuroimaging and genetic markers of psychiatric disease
- Stress responsive neural circuits
- Neurostimulation therapies
- Assistant Professor (tenure track), Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan
- Staff Physician, Neuromodulation Program, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Mickey BJ, Zhou Z, Heitzeg MM, Heinz E, Hodgkinson CA, Hsu DT, Langenecker SA, Love TM, Peciña M, Shafir T, Stohler CS, Goldman D, and Zubieta JK. 2011. Emotion Processing, Major Depression, and Functional Genetic Variation of Neuropeptide Y. Archives of General Psychiatry 68: 158-66.
- Sen S, Mickey BJ, and Greden JF. 2011. Psychopharmacological Roadmap for Treatment Resistant Depression. In: Treatment Resistant Depression. Greden et al., Eds. American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc.
- Mickey BJ, Ducci F, Hodgkinson CA, Langenecker SA, Goldman D, and Zubieta JK. 2008. Monoamine oxidase A genotype predicts human serotonin 1A receptor availability in vivo. Journal of Neuroscience 28: 11354-9.
- Mickey BJ and Dalack GW. 2005. Auditory gating in schizophrenia: a pilot study of the precedence effect. Schizophrenia Research 73: 327-31.