Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Melvin G. McInnis, M.D.
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Fellow in Human Genetics and Psychiatry, 1989-1993
- Maudsley Hospital, Inst Psychiatry, U. London, U.K., Residency in Psychiatry, 1986-1989
- National University Hospital, Reykjavik, Iceland, Research Fellow, 1985-1986
- National University Hospital, Reykjavik, Iceland, Internship and 1 yr Psych., 1983-1985
- University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland MD, Medical School, 1977-1983
- University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada, 1975-1977
- Bipolar Disorder
- Major Depression
- Adolescent Mood disorders
- Genetics of Bipolar Disorder
- Genetics of Major Depression
- Longitudinal outcomes and translational research in mood disorders
- Thomas B and Nancy Upjohn Woodworth Professor of Bipolar Disorder and Depression
- Professor of Psychiatry
- Director, Prechter Bipolar Research Program
- Associate Director, University of Michigan Depression Center
Recent or Representative Publications:
- McInnis MG, Dick DM, Willour VL, et al, Conditional analyses in a Genome-wide scan of Bipolar Disorder: Evidence for gene-gene interaction the NIMH Genetics Initiative bipolar pedigrees. Biol Psychiatry, 54:1265-73. (2003).
- McInnis MG, Lan T-H, Willour VL, et al ,. A Genome wide scan of Bipolar Affective Disorder in 65 Pedigrees. Molecular Psychiatry. 8:288-298, (2003).
- Avramopoulos D, Willour VL, Zandi PP, Huo Y, MacKinnon DF, Potash JB, DePaulo JR Jr, McInnis MG., Linkage of bipolar affective disorder on chromosome 8q24: follow-up and parametric analysis. Molecular Psychiatry. 9(2):191-6 (2004).
- Lin PI, McInnis MG, Potash JB, Willour VL, Mackinnon DF, Miao K, Depaulo JR, Zandi PP., Assessment of the effect of age at onset on linkage to bipolar disorder: evidence on chromosomes 18p and 21q. American Journal of Human Genetics. 77(4):545-55 (2005).