Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Donovan T. Maust, M.D.
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- BS, The College of William & Mary
- Late-life mood disorders
- Psychotropic use in older adults
- General trends in mental health treatment of older adults
- Potentially preventable hospitalization of patients with dementia
- Impact of new payment models on the care of older adults with mental disorders
- Assistant Professor, Section of Geriatric Psychiatry
- Research Scientist, Center for Clinical Management Research, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Maust DT, Oslin DW, Marcus SC (2013). The effect of age on the profile of psychotropic users: Results from the 2010 National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society: in press.
- Maust DT, Oslin DW, Thase ME (2013). Going beyond antidepressant monotherapy for incomplete response in non-psychotic late-life depression: a critical review. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. PMID: 23567381.
- Maust DT, Oslin DW, Marcus SC (2013). Mental health care in accountable care organizations. Psychiatric Services. PMID: 23771432.
- Maust DT, Mavandadi S, Eakin A, Streim JE, DiFilippo S, Snedden T, Oslin DW (2011). Telephone-based behavioral health assessment for older adults starting a new psychiatric medication. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 19: 851-8. PMID: 21946801.