Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Nasuh Malas, MD, MPH
- Fellowship, Pediatrics/General Psychiatry/Child Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Residency, Pediatrics/General Psychiatry/Child Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Internship, Pediatrics/General Psychiatry/Child Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
- Maternal Child Health- Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disability Certificate, Waisman Center
- MPH, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
- BS, Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Motivational Interviewing and Health Behavior Change Counseling
- Developmental Disability
- Chronic physical illness and development of psychopathology
- Innovations in Medical Education
- Quality Improvement
- Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Division of Child Psychiatry
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Malas N. “Motivational Interviewing: A Guide for Medical Trainees. Chapter 14: Learning and Experiencing Motivational Interviewing”. Antoine Douaihy, Thomas Kelly, Melanie Gold. In Press September 2014. Oxford University Press.
- Schreiber J, Malas N. “2nd generation antipsychotics and the risk of TIIDM in Children and Adolescents.” American Academy of Pediatrics Grand Rounds. April 2014.
- Malas N, Rofey D, Gold M, Kuchera AM, Pletcher J, Sucato G, Douaihy A, Hofkosh D, Ortiz-Aguayo R. “Implementing a Motivational Interviewing Curriculum for Pediatric Residents at a Large Academic Medical Center.” American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 60th Annual Meeting. Orlando, FL. October 2013.
- Malas N, Vitale C. “Safety for Special Kids Project: A Pilot Study of Safety Product Dissemination to Families of Children with Special Needs.” 2013 American Academy of Pediatrics National Conference and Exhibition. Orlando, FL. October 2013.