Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Scott Y. H. Kim (Adjunct), M.D., Ph.D.
Phone: (734) 763-4215
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Psychiatry Residency, 1995-98
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Medicine Internship, 1994-95
- Harvard Medical School, MD, 1994
- University of Chicago, PhD, 1993
- Wheaton College, BA, 1985
- General Adult Psychiatry
- Medical Psychiatry
- Decision-making competence and neuropsychiatric illness
- Ethical issues in high-risk research
- Integration of normative and empirical approaches in bioethics policy
- Adjunct Professor of Psychiatry
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Surrogate consent for dementia research: A national survey of older Americans Kim SY, Kim HM, Langa K, Karlawish JH, Knopman D, Appelbaum PS. Neurology 2009;72:149-155.
- Randomized trial of an intervention to improve response quality to surveys of healthcare priorities. Johri M, Damschroder L, Zikmund-Fisher BJ, Kim SY, Ubel PA. Journal of Medical Ethics 2009;35:57-64.
- Can a moral reasoning exercise improve response quality to surveys of healthcare priorities? Johri M, Damschroder LJ, Zikmund-Fisher BJ, Kim SY, Ubel PA. Journal of Medical Ethics 2009;35(1):57-64.
- The views of Alzheimer disease patients and their study partners on proxy consent for clinical trial enrollment. Karlawish JH, Kim SY, Knopman D, van Dy, James BD, Marson D. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 2008;16(3):240-247.