Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Michelle R. Kees, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: Center on Child Abuse and Neglect, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (2001-2003)
- Clinical Internship: Children’s Memorial Hospital; Chicago, IL (2000-2001)
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology: State University of New York, Stony Brook (2001)
- M.A., Psychology: State University of New York, Stony Brook (1997)
- B.S., Psychology: Arizona State University (1994)
- Women, parenting, and family transitions
- Childhood adjustment and anxiety disorders
- Parent guidance and behavior management strategies
- Risk and resiliency in military and veteran families
- Peer mentorship programs for college student veterans
- Evidence-based interventions for military spouses/partners and their children
- Community dissemination of effective treatments and intervention models
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Medical School
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Psychology, University of Michigan
- Without Compensation Appointment, Ann Arbor Veteran’s Administration
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Kees, M. & Rosenblum, K. (2015). Evaluation of a psychological health and resilience intervention for military spouses: A pilot study. Psychological Services, 12(3), 222-230. doi: 10.1037/ser0000035.
- Kees, M. Nerenberg, L, Bachrach, J., & Somers, L. (2015). Changing the personal narrative: A pilot study of a resiliency intervention for military spouses. Contemporary Family Therapy, 37(3), 221-231. doi: 10.1007/s10591-015-9336-8.
- Valenstein, M., Gorman, L., Blow, A. J., Ganoczy, D., Walters, H., Kees, M., Pfeiffer, P. N., Kim, H. M., Lagrou, R., Wadsworth, S.M., Rauch, S. A. M. and Dalack, G. W. (2014), Reported barriers to mental health care in three samples of U.S. Army National Guard soldiers at three time points. Journal of Traumatic Stress, 27, 406–414. doi: 10.1002/jts.21942.
- Dalack, G.W., Blow, A. J., Valenstein, M., Gorman, L., Spinner, J., Marcus, S., Kees, M., McDonough, S., Greden, J. F., Ames, B., Francisco, B., Anderson, J. R., Bartolacci, J., & Lagrou, R. (2010). Public-Academic Partnerships: Working Together to Meet the Needs of Army National Guard Soldiers: An Academic-Military Partnership. Psychiatric Services, 61, 1069-1071
- Greden, J. F., Valenstein, M., Spinner, J., Blow, A., Gorman, L. A., Dalack, G. W., Marcus, S. & Kees, M. (2010), Buddy-to-Buddy, a citizen soldier peer support program to counteract stigma, PTSD, depression, and suicide. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 1208, 90-97.