Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Masoud Kamali, M.D.
- University of Michigan-Research Fellow, 2008-2010
- St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital, NY-Psychiatric Residency 1996-2000
- Tehran University of Medical Sciences- MD 1986-1993
- Bipolar Disorder
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Longitudinal studies of bipolar disorder in adults and adolescents
- Neurobiology of suicidal behavior
- Clinical trials for bipolar disorder and depression
- Event related potential studies of impulsivity in mood disorders
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Kamali M, McInnis MG. Genetics of Mood Disorders. In: Greden JF, Riba M, McInnis MG, editors. Treatment Resistant Depression: A Roadmap for Effective Care. American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc. April 2011.
- Nurnberger JI Jr, McInnis M, Reich W, Kastelic E, Wilcox HC, Glowinski A, Mitchell P, Fisher C, Erpe M, Gershon ES, Berrettini W, Laite G, Schweitzer R, Rhoadarmer K, Coleman VV, Cai X, Azzouz F, Liu H, Kamali M, Brucksch C, Monahan PO. A high-risk study of bipolar disorder: childhood clinical phenotypes as precursors of major mood disorders. Arch Gen Psychiatr. 2011 Oct;68(10):1012-20
- Oquendo MA, Kamali M, Ellis SP, Grunebaum MF, Malone KM, Brodsky BS, Sackeim HA, and Mann JJ. Adequacy of antidepressant treatment after discharge and the occurrence of suicidal acts in major depression: a prospective study. American Journal of Psychiatry. 2002; 159: 1746-1751
- Kamali M, Oquendo MA, Mann JJ. Understanding the neurobiology of suicidal behavior. Depression and Anxiety. 2001; 14(3):164-76.