Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Mark Ilgen, Ph.D.
- 2003 - University of Colorado, Clinical Psychology; Ph.D.
- Treatment evaluation research on methods for improving the treatment of alcohol or drug use disorders
- Examining of the association between alcohol or drug use and risk for suicide
- Intervention development and evaluation for treating chronic pain in individuals with alcohol or drug use disorders
- Health services research on program policies linked to varying rates of suicide
- Research Investigator, Department of Veterans Affairs, National Serious Mental Illness Treatment Research and Evaluation (SMITREC), HSR&D Center of Excellence, Ann Arbor, MI
- Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Ilgen MA, Price AM, Burnett-Zeigler I, Perron B, Islam K, Bohnert ASB, Zivin K. Longitudinal predictors of addictions treatment utilization in treatment-naïve adults with alcohol use disorders. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 113, 215-221 2011. PMID: 20828944.
- Ilgen MA, Roeder K, Webster L, Mowbray O, Perron BE, Chermack ST, Bohnert ASB. Measuring pain medication expectancies in adults treated for substance use disorders. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 115, 51-56 2011. PMID: 21111540
- Ilgen MA, Conner KR, Roeder K, Blow FC, Austin KL, Valenstein M. Patterns of treatment utilization prior to suicide in male Veterans with substance use disorders. American Journal of Public Health, 102, S88-S92 2012. PMID: 22390610
- Ilgen MA, McCarthy JF, Ignacio RV, Bohnert, ASB, Valenstein M, Blow FC, Katz IR. Psychopathology, Iraq and Afghanistan service, and suicide among Veterans Health Administration patients. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 80, 323-330 2012. PMID: 22545742