Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Polly Gipson, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: University of Michigan Department of Psychiatry, Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology Specialty, Ann Arbor, MI
- Clinical Internship: Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, Division of Behavioral Health, Wilmington, DE
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Child/Adolescent Specialty, DePaul University, Chicago, IL
- M.A., Applied Psychology, Columbia University, New York, NY
- B.A., Psychology, Baylor University, Waco, TX
- Suicide risk assessment/intervention
- Trauma and grief
- Community-based intervention development for underserved youth
- Suicide risk assessment for children/adolescents
- Clinical Assistant Professor
- Director, Child and Adolescent Psychology Training
- Director, Trauma and Grief Clinic
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Gipson, P.Y., & King, C.A. (2012). Health behavior theories and research: Implications for suicidal individuals’ treatment linkage and adherence. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice, 19, 209-217.
- Kaplow, J.B., Gipson, P.Y., Horwitz, A.G., Burch, B.N., & King, C.A. (2014). Emotional suppression mediates the relation between adverse life events and adolescent suicide: Implications for prevention. Prevention Science,15, 177-185.