Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Bruno Giordani, Ph.D.
Phone: (734) 763-9259
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Clinical and Research Neuropsychology. Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Medical Center and Ann Arbor Veterans Administration Medical Center
- Health Science Training Fellowship. Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Medical Center and Ann Arbor Veteran's Administration (VAMC) Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI
- NIH (NINCDS) Training Fellowship in Clinical Neuropsychology and Neuroscience. Department of Neurology, University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, VA
- Clinical Psychology Internship: Department of Psychiatry, University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, VA (American Psychological Association accreditation)
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA; M.A., Ph.D. (clinical psychology & psychophysiology, American Psychological Association accreditation)
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH; A.B. (Graduated with Highest Distinction)
- Clinical neuropsychological and psychological evaluation of children and adults with emphasis on learning and attention disabilities and cognitive impairment associated with neurological disorders and problems such as attention deficit disorder, learning disabilities, psychiatric disturbance, and developmental motor problems
- Cross-cultural issues in developmental lifespan neuropsychology and assessment
- Cognitive enhancement through pharmacological and nonpharmacological approaches (e.g., computerized cognitive training, exercise)
- Neuropharmacological challenges and drug trials in national and international settings
- Cognitive factors associated with mobility difficulties in older individuals and patients with dementia and clumsiness in young children
- Identification of early cognitive impairment as revealed by novel approaches to neuropsychological assessment and neuroimaging
- Professor of Psychiatry, Neurology, and Psychology
- University of Michigan Faculty Ombuds
- Chief Psychologist, Department of Psychiatry
- Associate Director, Michigan Alzheimer''s Disease Center
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Minoshima S, Giordani B, Berent S, Frey KA, Foster NL, Kuhl DE. Metabolic reduction in the posterior cingulate cortex in very early Alzheimer's disease. Annals of Neurology 42:85-94, 1997.
- Giordani B, Persad C. Neuropsychological influences on gait in the elderly. In J Hausdorff, N Alexander (Eds), Gait Disorders – Evaluation and Management. Florida: Taylor & Francis Group, 2005, 117-142.
- Boivin, MJ, Giordani, B. Neuropsychological assessment of African children: Evidence for a universal basis to cognitive ability. In J. Y. Chiao (ed.) Cultural neuroscience: Cultural influences on Brain Function. Progress in Brain Research Series. New York: Elsevier Publications, 2009, 78, 113-135.
- Giordani B, Hodges EK, Guire KE, Ruzicka DL, Dillon JE, Weatherly RA, Garetz SL, Chervin RD. Changes in Neuropsychological and Behavioral Functioning in Children with and without Obstructive Sleep Apnea following Tonsillectomy. Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, Accepted, 2011.
- Pressler SJ, Therrien B, Riley PL, Chou C-C, Ronis DL, Koelling TM, Smith D, Sullivan BJ, Frankini A-M, Giordani B. Nurse Enhanced Memory Intervention in Heart Failure: the MEMIOR Study. Journal of Cardiac Failure, Accepted 2011.