Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Sophie A. George (Adjunct), Ph.D.
- University of Michigan (Post-doctoral Fellowship - Psychiatry)
- University of Sussex, UK (Ph.D - Experimental Psychology)
- University of Sussex, UK (B.Sc w/first class honors - Experimental Psychology)
- Translational approach to understanding the neurobiology of anxiety and stress-related disorders
- Animal models of anxiety and Post-traumatic stress
- Behavioral and neurobiological mechanisms of fear learning
- Role of reward system in anxiety
- Adjunct Research Investigator, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan
Recent or Representative Publications:
- George, SA., Knox, D., Stout, S., Tan, M., Liberzon, I. (2013) Early handling attenuates single prolonged stress induced enhancement of glucocorticoid receptor expression in prefrontal cortex Biology of Mood and Anxiety Disorders, 3:22.
- George, SA., Knox, D., Curtis, A., Aldridge, JW., Valentino, RJ., Liberzon, I. (2012) Altered noradrenergic activity following Single Pronged Stress European Journal of Neuroscience, 37(6):901-09
- George, SA., Khan, S., Briggs, H., Abelson, JL. (2009) CRH-stimulated cortisol release and food intake in healthy non-obese adults. Psychoneuroendocrinology, 35(4), 607-612