Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Simon J. Evans, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. (1999), Oregon State University, Molecular and Cellular Biology
- M.S. (2013) University of Michigan, Nutritional Science
- B.S. (1989), Western Washington University, Biology
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Stress and Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity
- Physiology of psychiatric illness
- Intersection of mood and metabolic disorders
- Role of gut microbiome and dietary influences on mental health
- Research Assistant Professor
Recent or Representative Publications:
- SJ Evans, S Assari, GJ Harrington, YW Chang, CF Burant, MG McInnis (2015) Plasma Linoleic Acid Partially Mediates the Association of Bipolar Disorder on Self-Reported Mental Health Scales. J. Psych. Res. 68:61-67
- SJ Evans, RN Ringrose, GJ Harrington, P Mancuso, CF Burant and MG McInnis (2014) Dietary Intake and Plasma Metabolomic Analysis of Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids in Bipolar Subjects Reveal Dysregulation of Linoleic Acid Metabolism. J. Psych Res. 57:58-64
- SJ Evans, M. Kamali, AR Prossin, GJ Harrington, VL Ellingrod, MG McInnis and CF Burant (2012) Association of plasma omega-3 and omega-6 lipids with burden of disease measures in bipolar subjects. J. Psych Res. 46(11):1435-41.
- SJ Evans, AR Prossin, GJ Harrington, M Kamali, VL Ellingrod, CF Burant and MG McInnis (2012) Fats and Factors: Lipid Profiles Associate with Personality Factors and Suicidal History in Bipolar Subjects. Submitted to PLoS ONE 7(1): e29297. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0029297.