Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Elise Hodges, Ph.D.
- APA approved predoctoral internship at the Ann Arbor Veteran’s Administration Healthcare System.
- PhD in Clinical Psychology with a Neuropsychology specialty from Wayne State University
- MA in Clinical Psychology from Wayne State University
- BA in psychology from the University of Michigan, Dearborn
- APA approved Postdoctoral Residency at the University of Michigan Hospital and Health System Department of Psychiatry-Neuropsychology Section
- Pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric neuropsychological assessment.
- ADHD, Learning disorders, and other developmental disorders.
- Neuropsychological sequelae of medical conditions across the lifespan.
- Neuropsychological and behavioral impact of sleep disordered breathing in children.
- Neuropsychological and behavioral aspects of Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- The neuropsychological impact of medical conditions including epilepsy, cancer, and kidney disease.
- Psychometric properties of neuropsychological assessment measures and test development.
- Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Michigan
- Clinical Director, Neuropsychology Program
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Hodges EK, Bloomfield E, Coulas T, Giordani B. (2008) Cognitive and behavioral change after adenotonsillectomy in children with obstructive sleep apnea: A review. Minerva Psychiatrica, 49: 307-321.
- Giordani B, Hodges EK, Guire KE, Ruzicka DL, Dillon JE, Weatherly RA, Garetz SL, Chervin RD. (2012) Changes in neuropsychological and behavioral functioning in children with and without obstructive sleep apnea following tonsillectomy. J Int Neuropsychol Soc.18(2):212-22.
- Chervin RD, Ruzicka DL, Hoban T, Fetterolf J, Garetz S, Guire KE, Dillon JE, Felt BT, Hodges EK, Giordani B. (2012) Esophageal Pressures, Polysomnography, and Neurobehavioral Outcomes of Adenotonsillectomy in Children. Chest, 142(1):101-10.
- Hodges, Elise; Felt, Barbara; Giordani, Bruno; Chervin. (2012) In L. Gozal, D. Gozal (Eds.) Sleep Disordered Breathing in Children: A Clinical Guide. Behavioral Issues. Humana Press.