Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Sonia A. Duffy (Adjunct), Ph.D.
Phone: (734) 769-7100 ext. 6210
- Ph.D., Public Health, University of Illinois (1999)
- M.S.N., University of Michigan (1985)
- Cancer-related issues including smoking and alcohol cessation, depression, and quality of life
- Multifaceted, cancer-related interventions and end-of-life issues
- Associate Research Professor, Otorhinolaryngology Department
- Adjunct Research Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Duffy S, Burton D: Cartoon characters as tobacco warning labels. Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, 154, 1230-1236, 2000.
- Duffy S, Terrell J, Valenstein M, Ronis D, Copeland L, Connors M: Prevalence of smoking, alcohol, and depression in head and neck cancer patients: A pilot study. General Hospital Psychiatry, 24(3), 140-147, 2002.
- Lambert M, Terrell JE, Ronis DL, Copeland L, Duffy SA: Cigarettes, alcohol, and depression: Characterizing head and neck cancer survivors in two systems of care. Nicotine and Tobacco Research, 7(2), 233-41, 2005.
- Duffy S, Jackson F, Schim S, Ronis D, Fowler K: Racial/ethnic preferences, gender preferences, and perceived discrimination related to end-of-life care (In press Journal of the American Geriatric Society).