Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Dimitre H. Dimitrov, MD, PhD, D. Med. Sci
- University of Texas, Health Science Center at San Antonio, Texas (residency in psychiatry) (1999-2003)
- Medical Academy, Sofia, Bulgaria - Degree D. Med. Sci. (1981-1986)
- Moscow State University, Postgraduate training, Degree PhD. (1976-1979)
- Medical Academy, Higher Medical Institute, Sofia, Bulgaria - M.D. (1968-1974)
- Consultation and Liaison Psychiatry
- Outpatient Psychiatry
- Psychiatric issues in organ transplantation
- Psychiatric conditions associated with HIV and hepatitis C infection
- Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Michigan
- Staff Psychiatrist - VA Medical Center, Ann Arbor Michigan
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Dimitrov, D.H., S.A. Dashti, J.M., Ball, E. Bishbishi, K. Alsaeid, X. Jiang, M.D. Estes. Prevalence of Antibodies to Norwalk Viruses in Kuwait Established by ELISA Using Two Different Baculovirus-Expressed Norwalk Capsid Antigens. J. Med. Virol., 51:115-118, 1997.
- Dimitrov, D.H., Hollinger, F.B., Baker, C.J., Kline, M.W., Doyle, M. Bremer, J.W., Shearer, W.T. Study of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Resistance to 2’-3’Dideoxyinosine and Zidovudine in Sequential Isolates from Pediatric Patients on LongTerm Therapy. J. Infect. Dis., 167:818-823, 1993.
- Dimitrov, D.H., J.L. Melnick, F.B. Hollinger. A Microculture Assay for Isolation of HIV-1 and for Titration of Infected Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells. J. Clin. Microbiol. 28:734-737, 1990.
- Dimitrov, D.H., D.Y. Graham, M.K. Estes. Detection of Rotaviruses by Nucleic Acid Hybridization with Cloned DNA of Simian Rotavirus SA 11 Genes. J. Infect. Dis., 152:293-300, 1985.