Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Jacek Debiec, M.D., Ph.D., D.Phil., M.Phil.
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology: Psychiatry (2011), Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (2012)
- Residency in Psychiatry and Fellowship in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, New York University – Bellevue Hospital Center
- Fellowship (Neuroscience), New York University
- Fellowship (Transcultural Psychiatry), University of Vienna, Austria
- M.Phil./D.Phil., John Paul II Pontifical University, Krakow, Poland
- M.D./Ph.D. and Residency in Psychiatry, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
- Posttraumatic Stress and Anxiety Disorders
- Perinatal Psychiatry, Mother-Infant Relationships and Attachment Disturbances
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Family Therapy
- Early Infant Attachment
- Philosophical and Cultural Aspects of Psychiatry
- Trauma, Stress and Resilience
- Emotional Learning and Memory
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Medical School
- Research Assistant Professor of Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute, Medical School
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Debiec J, Bush DEA, LeDoux JE (2011) Noradrenergic enhancement of reconsolidation in the amygdala impairs extinction of conditioned fear in rats - a possible mechanism for the persistence of traumatic memories in PTSD, Depression and Anxiety 28 (3), 196-93.
- Debiec J, Doyere V, Diaz-Mataix L, Bush DEA, LeDoux JE (2010) The amygdala encodes specific sensory features of an aversive reinforcer, Nature Neuroscience 13 (5), 536-537.
- Debiec J, Doyere V, Nader K, LeDoux JE (2006) Directly reactivated, but not indirectly reactivated, memories undergo reconsolidation in the amygdala. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 103:3428-3433.
- Debiec J, LeDoux JE, Nader K (2002) Cellular and systems reconsolidation in the hippocampus. Neuron 36:527-538.