Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Gregory W. Dalack, M.D.
Phone: (734) 232-6113
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, NY
- Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut; B.S. Chemistry
- Severe and Persistent Mental Illness
- Nicotine Addiction
- Mood Disorders
- Smoking, Nicotine Addiction and Schizophrenia
- Treatment Response with Atypical Antipsychotics in Schizophrenia
- Chair, Department of Psychiatry
- Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Dalack GW, Becks L, Hill E, Pomerleau O, Meador-Woodruff JH: Nicotine Withdrawal and Psychiatric Symptoms in Cigarette Smokers with Schizophrenia. Neuropsychopharmacology 21:195-202, 1999.
- Witbeck G, Hornfeld S, Dalack GW: Emergency room outreach to chronically addicted individuals: a pilot study. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment 19:39-43, 2000.
- Malaspina D, Dalack G, Leitman D, Corcoran C, Amador X, Yale S, Glassman A, Gorman JM: Low heart rate variability is not caused by typical neuroleptics in schizophnrenia patients. CNS Spectrums 7: 53-57, 2002.
- Ritter LM, Meador-Woodruff JH, Dalack GW: Neurocognitive measures of prefrontal cortical dysfunction in schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Research 68: 65-73, 2004.
- Mickey BJ, Dalack GW: Auditory gating in schizophrenia: a pilot study of the precedence effect. Schizophrenia Research 73:327-331, 2005.
- Valenstein M, McCarthy JF, Ignacio RV, Dalack GW, Stavenger T, Blow FC: Diffusion of a new antipsychotic in a large health system: Patient and facility factors. Psychiatric Services 57(1):70-76, 2006.
- Lambert BL, Cunningham FE, Miller DR, Dalack GW, Hur K: Diabetes risk associated with use of olanzapine, quetiapine and risperidone in VA patients with schizophrenia. American Journal of Epidemiology 164:672-681, 2006.
- Copeland LA, Mortensen EM, Zeber JE, Pugh MV, Restrepo MI, Dalack GW: Pulmonary disease among inpatient decedents: impact of schizophrenia. Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry 31:720-726, 2007.