Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Deirdre Conroy, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Michigan Medical School, Dept. of Psychiatry, Division of Substance Abuse, 2004-2006
- Clinical Internship, The Sleep Disorders and Research Center, New York Methodist Hospital and Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, 2003.
- Ph.D., City University of New York, 2004 (Experimental Cognition)
- M.A., The City College of New York, 2002 (Psychology)
- B.S., Simmons College, Boston, MA, 1997 (Biopsychology)
- Sleep Disorders
- Behavioral Sleep Medicine
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia
- Relationship between sleep disturbances and substance use disorders.
- Childhood sleep problems and early onset of substance use.
- Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry
- Clinical Director, Behavioral Sleep Medicine Program
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Conroy DA, Brower KJ: Alcohol, toxins, and medications as a cause of sleep dysfunction. Handb Clin Neurol; 98: 587-612, 2011. PMID:21056213
- Conroy DA, Hairston IS, Arnedt JT, Hoffmann RF, Armitage R, Brower KJ: Dim light melatonin onset in alcohol-dependent men and women compared to healthy controls, Chronobiology International. 29(1):35-42, 2012. PMID:22217099
- Conroy DA, Usoro, A, Hoffmann, R, Brower, KJ, Armitage, RA. The influence of emerging low mood symptoms on sleep in children: a pilot study. Nature and Science of Sleep. 4:133-142.2012. PMID:23620686
- Conroy DA, Huntley, ED, Treatment for Insomnia in Depressed Adolescents. Journal of Sleep Disorders Therapy 2:5 http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2167-0277.1000132. 2013
- Conroy DA: Improve Sleep during Midlife: Address Mental Health Problems Early. Sleep. 2014 Nov 1;37(11):1733-5. doi: 10.5665/sleep.4160.