Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Deirdre Conroy, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Michigan Medical School, Dept. of Psychiatry, Division of Substance Abuse, 2004-2006
- Clinical Internship, The Sleep Disorders and Research Center, New York Methodist Hospital and Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, 2003.
- Ph.D., City University of New York, 2004 (Experimental Cognition)
- M.A., The City College of New York, 2002 (Psychology)
- B.S., Simmons College, Boston, MA, 1997 (Biopsychology)
- Sleep Disorders
- Behavioral Sleep Medicine
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia
- Relationship between sleep disturbances and substance use disorders.
- Childhood sleep problems and early onset of substance use.
- Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry
- Clinical Director, Behavioral Sleep Medicine Program
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Arnedt, JT, Conroy, DA, Rutt, JL, Aloia, MS, Brower, KJ, Armitage, R (2007) An open trial of cognitive –behavioral treatment for insomnia comorbid with alcohol dependence. Sleep Medicine Mar;8(2):176-180.
- Conroy, DA and Brower, KJ. (2007) Psychological treatment of alcohol use disorders, in Cambridge Handbook of Effective Treatments in Psychiatry (Tyrer,P and Silk, K eds).
- Conroy, DA, Arnedt, JT, Brower, KJ., Strobbe, S., Consens, F., Hoffmann, R., Armitage, R (2006) Perception of Sleep in Recovering Alcohol Dependent Patients with Insomnia: Relationship to Future Drinking. Alcohol: Clinical and Experimental Research. Vol 30(12): 1992-1999.
- Arnedt, JT, Conroy, DA, Posner, DA, Aloia, MS (2006). Evaluation of the Insomnia Patient, in Sleep Medicine Clinics, Volume 1(3) Roth, T(Ed), Elsevier Publishing.