Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Soo-Eun Chang, Ph.D.
Phone: (734) 232-0300
- Postdoc, Clinical Neurosciences Program, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS, NIH)
- PhD, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- MS, Vanderbilt University
- BA, Seoul National University
- Multimodal neuroimaging (fMRI, DTI, functional and structural connectivity analyses)
- Brain stimulation (transcranial direct current stimulation)
- Speech motor control
- Timing and rhythm perception and production
- Rosa Casco Solano-Lopez Research Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Medical School
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Medical School
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Chang, S-E., Zhu, D.C., Choo, A., Angstadt, M. (2015). White matter neuroanatomical differences in children who stutter. Brain. doi: 10.1093/brain/awu400. Selected as Editor’s Choice article for March 2015 issue.
- Chang, S.-E., & Zhu, D. C. (2013). Neural network connectivity differences in children who stutter. Brain, 136 (12), 3709-3726. PMCID: PMC3859219
- Chang et al. (2011). Evidence of left ventral premotor-motor structural and functional connectivity deficits in adults who stutter. Cerebral Cortex. 21(11), 2507-18.
- Chang et al. (2009). Brain activation abnormalities during speech and non-speech in stuttering speakers. NeuroImage, 46(1), 201-212.
- Chang et al. (2008). Brain anatomy differences in childhood stuttering. NeuroImage, 39(3), 1333-1344.