Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Carol J Boyd, MSN, PhD, RN, FAAN
- 1986: PhD, Nursing/Anthropology, Wayne State University
- 1982: MSN Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist, Wayne State University
- 1978: BSN, School of Nursing, Oakland University
- 1973: BGS, LS&A, University of Michigan
- Selective interventions to prevent prescription drug abuse
- Preventing stimulant abuse among patients with ADHD
- Prescription drug misuse
- Gender theory
- Substance abuse
- Research Professor, Addiction Research Center, Department of Psychiatry
- Deobrah J Oakley Collegiate Professor of Nursing
- Professor, Women's Studies Department
- Research Professor, Institute for Research on Women & Gender
Recent or Representative Publications:
- McCabe, S.E., West, B.T., Morales, M., Cranford, J.A., Boyd, C.J. (2007). Does Early Onset of Non-Medical Use Predict Prescription Drug Abuse and Dependence? Results from a National Study. Addiction, 102:1920-1930. PMCID: PMC2377405.
- Boyd, C.J., McCabe, S.E. (2008). Coming to terms with the nonmedical use of prescription medications. Substance Abuse Treatment, Prevention and Policy, 3(1), 22. PMCID: PMC2600778.
- Boyd, C.J., Teter, C.J., West, B., Morales, M., & McCabe, S. (2009). Non-medical use of prescription pain medications and its relationship to substance abuse and dependence: A three-year panel study. Journal of Addictive Diseases, 28, 232-242. PMCID: PMC2824904
- Boyd, C.J., Young, A.M., Grey, M., & McCabe, S.E. (2009). Adolescents’ nonmedical use of prescription medications and other problem behaviors. Journal of Adolescent Health. 45, 543-550. PMCID: PMC2784421.