Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Erin E. Bonar, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Michigan, Addiction Research Center
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Bowling Green State University
- Clinical Psychology Internship, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
- M.A., Clinical Psychology, Bowling Green State University
- B.S., Psychology, Northern Kentucky University
- Substance use disorder treatment
- Motivational interviewing
- Cognitive behavioral therapies
- Prevention and treatment of substance use disorders in diverse populations of adolescents, emerging adults, and adults.
- Understanding and reducing substance use and concomitant risk behaviors (e.g., HIV risk behaviors), and related negative consequences for both individuals and communities.
- Developing, improving, and evaluating interventions focusing on substance use and related risk behaviors in community settings.
- Assistant Professor, University of Michigan, Department of Psychiatry
- Adjunct Assistant Professor in Psychology in LS&A
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Cunningham RM, Polshkova S, Chermack ST, Blow FC, & Walton MA. Alcohol and energy drink use among adolescents seeking Emergency Department care. Addictive Behaviors, 2015;43:11-17
- Bonar EE, Cunningham RM, Chermack ST, Blow FC, Barry KL, Booth BM, & Walton MA. Prescription drug misuse and sexual risk behaviors among adolescents and emerging adults. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs,2014;75:259-268
- Bonar EE, Walton MA, Cunningham RM, Chermack ST, Bohnert ASB, Barry KL, Booth BM, & Blow FC. Computer-enhanced interventions for drug use and HIV risk in the emergency room. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 2014;46:5-14.
- Bonar EE, Whiteside LK, Walton MA, Zimmerman MA, Booth BM, Blow FC, & Cunningham RM. Prevalence and correlates of HIV risk among adolescents and young adults reporting drug use: Data from an urban Emergency Department in the U.S. Journal of HIV/AIDS and Social Services, In Press