Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Erin E. Bonar, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Michigan, Addiction Research Center
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Bowling Green State University
- Clinical Psychology Internship, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
- M.A., Clinical Psychology, Bowling Green State University
- B.S., Psychology, Northern Kentucky University
- Substance use disorder treatment
- Motivational interviewing
- Cognitive behavioral therapies
- Prevention and treatment of substance use disorders in diverse populations of adolescents, emerging adults, and adults.
- Understanding and reducing substance use and concomitant risk behaviors (e.g., HIV risk behaviors), and related negative consequences for both individuals and communities.
- Developing, improving, and evaluating interventions focusing on substance use and related risk behaviors in community settings.
- Assistant Professor, University of Michigan, Department of Psychiatry
- Adjunct Assistant Professor in Psychology in LS&A
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Bonar EE, Walton MA, Cunningham RM, Chermack ST, Bohnert ASB, Barry KL, Booth BM, & Blow FC. Computer-enhanced interventions for drug use and HIV risk in the emergency room. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 2014;46:5-14. PMID: 24035142. PMCID: PMC3926194
- Bonar EE, Cunningham RM, Chermack ST, Blow FC, Barry KL, Booth BM, & Walton MA. Prescription drug misuse and sexual risk behaviors among adolescents and emerging adults. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs,2014;75:259-268. PMID: 24650820 PMCID: PMC3965680
- Bonar EE, Bohnert KM, Walters HM, Ganoczy D, & Valenstein M. Student and non-student National Guard service members/veterans and their use of services for mental health symptoms. Journal of American College Health, In Press.
- Bonar EE, Rosenberg H, Hoffmann E, Kraus SW, Kryszak E, Young KM, Ashrafioun L, Pavlick M, & Bannon EE. Measuring university students’ self-efficacy to employ drinking self-control strategies. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, 2011;25:155-161.