Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Kipling M. Bohnert, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Epidemiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- B.A., Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Mental Health Services Research
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Drug and Alcohol Use and Disorders
- Research Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Medical School
- Research Investigator, Serious Mental Illness Treatment Resource and Evaluation Center (SMITREC), Department of Veterans Affairs
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Bohnert KM, Ilgen MA, Rosen CS, Desai RA, Austin K, Blow FC. The association between substance use disorders and risk of mortality among veterans with PTSD: variation by age cohort and mortality type. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2013;128(1-2):98-103.
- Bohnert KM, Pfeiffer PN, Szymanski BR, McCarthy JF. Continuation of care following an initial primary care visit with a mental health diagnosis: differences by receipt of VHA Primary Care-Mental Health Integration services. Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2013;35(1):66-70.
- Bohnert KM, Anthony JC, Breslau N. Parental monitoring at age 11 and subsequent onset of cannabis use up to age 17: results from a prospective study. J Stud Alcohol Drugs. 2012;73(2):173-7.
- Bohnert KM, Breslau N. The evaluation of a short screening scale for DSM-IV posttraumatic stress disorder in a large nationally-representative survey. Int J Methods Psychiatr Res. 2011;20(1):e1-e5.
- Bohnert KM, Ilgen MA, McCarthy JF, Ignacio RV, Blow FC, Katz IR. Tobacco use disorder and the risk of suicide mortality. Addiction. 2014 Jan;109(1):155-62.