Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Mary Blazek, MD
- The Johns Hopkins University, (2012-currently enrolled), Masters of Education in Health Professions candidate
- University of Cincinnati, (1984-1989),Residency in Psychiatry and Fellowship in Geriatric Psychiatry
- University of Illinois College of Medicine, (1980-1984), MD
- University of Notre Dame, (1976-1980), Bachelor of Arts In English Literature
- Outpatient Geriatric Psychiatry
- Dementia in Long Term Care Facilities
- Behavioral Disturbances of Dementia
- Medical Education in the Long-Term Care Setting
- Teaching Behavioral Interventions in Behavioral Disturbances of Dementia
- Medical Student Attitudes toward Dementia and the Elderly
- Clinical Assistant Professor
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Kales HC, Blazek M, Maixner S, Struble L. Antipsychotic use in the elderly: overview and evidence-based management. Journal of Clinical Outcomes Management 17(1):37-46, 2010.
- Maixner S, Struble L, Blazek M, Kales HC. Later-life depression and heart failure. Heart Failure Clinics 7(1):47-58, 2011.