Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Alison Berent-Spillson, Ph.D.
- University of Michigan (PhD, Neuroscience)
- Metabolic & hormonal influences on emotion & cognition
- Mental health impact of hormonal and metabolism disorders
- PET and functional MRI neuroimaging
- Women's health & sex differences
- Research Investigator, Department of Psychiatry
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Berent-Spillson A, Love T, Pop-Busui R, Sowers M, Persad CC, Pennington KP, Eyvazaddeh AD, Padmanabhan V, Zubieta JK, Smith YR. Insulin resistance influences central opioid activity in polycystic ovary syndrome. Fertility & Sterility, 2011, Jun 30;95(8):2494-8
- • Berent-Spillson A, Persad CC, Love T, Tkaczyk A , Wang H, Reame N, Frey K, Zubieta J-K, Smith YR. Early menopausal hormone use influences brain regions used for visual working memory. Menopause, 2010 17(4):692-699.