Department of Psychiatry Faculty
David Belmonte, M.D.
- University of Michigan, 2003, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Geriatric Psychiatry, 2004, University of Pennsylvania
- Dementia and Mood Disorders in Late Life
- Late-life mood disorders
- Health care systems delivery for the elderly
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry
- Director of Medical Student Education
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Muchant, DG, Belmonte, DC, Garmey, MJ, Baertschi, AJ, Pence, RA, Chevalier, RL (1995). Dietary sodium modulates neonatal but not adult cardiac atrial natriuretic peptide in rats. Pediatric Research, 37, 310-315.
- Muchant, DG, Thornhill, BA, Belmonte, DC, Felder, RA, Baertschi, AJ, Chevalier, RL (1995). Chronic sodium loading augments natriuretic response to acute volume expansion in the preweaned rat. American Journal of Physiology, 269, (Regulatory Integrative Comp. Physiol. 38), R15-R22.
- Chevalier, RL, Thornhill, BA, Belmonte, DC, Baertschi, AJ (1996). Endogenous angiotensin II inhibits natriuresis after acute volume expansion in the neonatal rat. American Journal of Physiology, 270, (Regulatory Integrative Comp. Physiol. 39), R393-R397.
- Chevalier, RL, Muchant, DG, Thornhill, BA, Belmonte, DC, Pence, RA, Baertschi (1996). Regulation of the renal response to atrial natriuretic peptide by sodium intake in preweaned rats. Pediatric Research, 40, 294-299.
- Belmonte DC, Streim JE (2004). Safety profiles of atypical antipsychotics in elderly patients. Current Psychosis and Therapeutics Reports 2, 21-26. [review]