Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Alp Sinan Baran, M.D.
- University of Michigan Medical Center, Sleep Medicine Fellowship
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, General Psychiatry Residency
- Ohio State University College of Medicine, M.D.
- Ohio State University, B.S.
- Sleep disorders
- Sleep-disordered breathing
- Periodic limb movements during sleep
- Sleep-related gastroesophageal reflux
- Clinical Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Medical School
- Associate Professor of Neurology, Medical School
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Baran AS, Chervin RD. Approach to the patient with sleep complaints. Seminars in Neurology 2009 Sep;29(4):297-304. Epub 2009 Sep 9.
- Roland MM, Baran AS, Richert AC. Sleep-related laryngospasm caused by gastroesophageal reflux. Sleep Medicine 2008 May;9(4):451-3. Epub 2007 Sep 17.
- Baran AS, Richert AC, Douglass AB, May W, Ansarin K: Change in periodic limb movement index during treatment of obstructive sleep apnea with Continuous Positive Airway Pressure. Sleep 2003; 26(6):717-20.
- Baran AS, Richert AC: Obstructive sleep apnea and depression. CNS Spectrums 2003;8(2):120-34