Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Amy Kilbourne, Ph.D. , M.P.H.
- University of California, Los Angeles (PhD, Health Services)
- University of California, Los Angeles (MPH, Epidemiology)
- University of California, Berkeley (BA, Double major in Molecular Biology and Rhetoric)
- Mental health services research with an emphasis in integrated medical care and outcomes for bipolar and other mental disorders
- Measuring and improving quality and outcomes of care for patients with bipolar disorder
- Dissemination and implementation of behavioral health treatment models
- Quality improvement through measurement-based care and organizational research in mental health care
- Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Medical School
- Core Faculty, University of Michigan Comprehensive Depression Center
- Associate Director, Department of Veterans Affairs, National Serious Mental Illness Treatment Research and Evaluation (SMITREC), HSR&D Center of Excellence, Ann Arbor, MI
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Kilbourne AM, Valenstein M, Bauer MS. The National Research-to-Practice Gap in Mood Disorders: a Role for the VA. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry 2007;68:502-4
- Kilbourne AM, Rofey D, McCarthy J, Post EP, Welsh D, Blow FC. Nutrition and Exercise Behavior among Patients with Bipolar Disorder. Bipolar Disorders 2007; 9:443-452.
- Kilbourne AM, Post EP, Zeber JE, Copeland LA, Good CB, Pincus HA, for the CIVIC-MD Project Team. Therapeutic Drug and Cardiovascular Risk Factor Monitoring in Veterans with Bipolar Disorder. J Affective Disorders 2007; 102: 145-151
- Kilbourne AM, Horvitz-Lennon M, Post EP, McCarthy JF, Cruz M, Welsh D, Blow F. Oral Health in Veterans Diagnosed with Serious Mental Illness. Journal of Public Health Dentistry 2007;67:42-8.
- Kilbourne AM, McCarthy JF, Post EP, Welsh D, Blow F. Social Support among Patients with Serious Mental Illness Soc Psych Psy Epid 2007; 42(8):639-46.
- Kilbourne AM, Brar J, Drayer RA, Xu X, Post EP. Cardiovascular Disease and Metabolic Risk Factors in Male Veterans with Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective Disorder, and Bipolar Disorder. Psychosomatics 2007: 48(5):412-7.
- Kilbourne AM, Post EP, Nossek A, Sonel E, Drill L, Cooley S, Bauer MS. Service Delivery in Older Patients with Bipolar Disorder: A Review and Development of a Medical Care Model. Bipolar Disorders (in press, 2008)
- Kilbourne AM, Copeland, LA, Zeber JE, Bauer MS, Lasky E Good CB. Determinants of Complementary and Alternative Medicine Use by Patients with Bipolar Disorder. Psychopharmacology Bulletin 2007; 40:104-15
- Kilbourne AM, Neumann MS, Pincus, HA, Bauer MS, Stall R,. Implementing evidence-based interventions in health care; application of the replicating effective programs framework. Implement Sci. 2007;2(1):42: http://www.implementationscience.com/content/pdf/1748-5908-2-42.pdf.