Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Amy Kilbourne, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Phone: (734) 845-3502
- University of California, Los Angeles (PhD, Health Services)
- University of California, Los Angeles (MPH, Epidemiology)
- University of California, Berkeley (BA, Double major in Molecular Biology and Rhetoric)
- National expert in integrated treatment models for mood disorders
- Dissemination and implementation strategies for mental health treatments
- Quality improvement through measurement-based care, healthcare analytics, and health policy
- Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Medical School
- Core Faculty, University of Michigan Comprehensive Depression Center
- Director, Quality Enhancement Research Initiative (QUERI); VA Health Services Research and Development Program
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Kilbourne AM, Abraham KM, Goodrich DE, Bowersox NW, Almirall D, Lai Z, Nord KM. Cluster randomized adaptive implementation trial comparing a standard versus enhanced implementation intervention to improve uptake of an effective re-engagement program for patients with serious mental illness. Implement Sci. 2013;8(1):136. PMID:24252648
- Waxmonsky J, Kilbourne AM, Goodrich DE, Nord KM, Lai Z, Laird C, Clogston J, Kim HM, Miller C, Bauer MS. Enhanced Fidelity to Treatment for Bipolar Disorder: Results From a Randomized Controlled Implementation Trial. Psychiatr Serv. 2013. doi: 10.1176/appi.ps.201300039. PMID:24129806
- Kilbourne AM, Goodrich DE, Lai Z, Post EP, Schumacher K, Nord KM, Bramlet M, Chermack S, Bialy D, Bauer MS. Randomized controlled trial to assess reduction of cardiovascular disease risk in patients with bipolar disorder: the Self-Management Addressing Heart Risk Trial (SMAHRT). J Clin Psychiatry. 2013;74(7):e655-62. doi: 10.4088/JCP.12m08082. PMID:23945460
- O''Donnell AN, Williams M, Kilbourne AM. Overcoming roadblocks: current and emerging reimbursement strategies for integrated mental health services in primary care. J Gen Intern Med. 2013;28(12):1667-72. doi: 10.1007/s11606-013-2496-z.PMID:23733375
- Kilbourne AM, Neumann MS, Waxmonsky J, Bauer MS, Kim HM, Pincus HA, Thomas M. Public-academic partnerships: evidence-based implementation: the role of sustained community-based practice and research partnerships. Psychiatr Serv. 2012 Mar;63(3):205-7. doi: 10.1176/appi.ps.201200032
- Horvitz-Lennon M, Kilbourne AM, Pincus HA. From silos to bridges: Meeting the general health care needs of people with mental illness. Health Affairs; 25:659-69, 2006. PMID: 16684729
- Kilbourne AM, Switzer G, Matoka M, Hyman, K, Fine MJ. Advancing health disparities research: A conceptual framework for detecting, understanding, and reducing disparities in vulnerable populations. Am J Public Health 2006; 96, 2113-2121. PMCID: PMC1698151
- Kilbourne AM, Schulberg HC, Post EP, Rollman BL, Herbeck-Belnap B, Pincus HA. Translating evidence-based depression-management services to community-based primary care practices. Milbank Quarterly 2004; 8(4), 631-659.
- Woltmann E, Grogan-Taylor A, Perron B, Georges H, Kilbourne AM, Bauer MS. Comparative Effectiveness of Collaborative Chronic Care Models for Mental Health Conditions Across Primary, Specialty, and Behavioral Health Care Settings: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Am J Psychiatry. 2012 Aug 1;169(8):790-804.
- Pirraglia, P.A., Kilbourne, A.M., Lai, Z., Friedmann, P.D., O''Toole, T.P. (2011). Colocated general medical care and preventable hospital admissions for veterans with serious mental illness. Psychiatric Services, 62(5), 554-7.