Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Amy S. B. Bohnert, Ph.D., M.H.S.
- Research Fellow, University of Michigan Medical School, Department of Psychiatry
- Post-Doctoral Fellow Veterans Affairs (VA) National Serious Mental Illness Treatment Research and Evaluation Center (SMITREC), Ann Arbor, MI
- Ph.D. in Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Department of Mental Health
- M.H.S. (Masters in Health Science) in Mental Health Johns Hopkins University, Bloomberg School of Public Health Department of Mental Health
- B.A. in Psychology and in English (Dual Degree)
- Mental health services research with an emphasis on substance use disorders
- Psychiatric conditions and social networks as determinants of drug use and drug treatment outcomes
- Mortality among substance users, particularly fatal drug and medication overdoses
- Use of longitudinal and patient care databases for clinical psychiatric epidemiology research
- Research Investigator, Department of Veterans’ Affairs, National Serious Mental Illness Treatment Resource and Evaluation (SMITREC), HSR&D Center of Excellence, Ann Arbor, MI
- Assistant Professor, University of Michigan Medical School, Department of Psychiatry
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Bohnert ASB, Ilgen MA, Galea S, McCarthy JF, Blow FC. Accidental poisoning mortality among patients in the Department of Veteran Affairs health system. Med Care, 2010 in press.
- Ilgen M, Bohnert ASB, McCarthy JF, Kim HM, Ignacio R, Blow FC. Psychiatric diagnoses and risk of suicide in patients treated by the Department of Veterans Affairs. Arch Gen Psychiatry, 2010 In press.
- Fudalej S, Bohnert ASB, Austin K, Barry K, Blow F, Ilgen MA. Predictors of injury-related and non-injury-related mortality among veterans with Alcohol Use Disorders. Addiction, 105(10):1759-1766, 2010.