Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Amy S. B. Bohnert, Ph.D., M.H.S.
- Research Fellow, University of Michigan Medical School, Department of Psychiatry
- Post-Doctoral Fellow Veterans Affairs (VA) National Serious Mental Illness Treatment Research and Evaluation Center (SMITREC), Ann Arbor, MI
- Ph.D. in Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Department of Mental Health
- M.H.S. (Masters in Health Science) in Mental Health Johns Hopkins University, Bloomberg School of Public Health Department of Mental Health
- B.A. in Psychology and in English (Dual Degree)
- Use of longitudinal and patient care datasets for clinical epidemiology research
- Brief interventions related to prescription drug use and overdose prevention
- Mortality among substance users, particularly fatal drug and medication overdoses
- Research Investigator, Department of Veterans’ Affairs, National Serious Mental Illness Treatment Resource and Evaluation (SMITREC), HSR&D Center of Excellence, Ann Arbor, MI
- Assistant Professor, University of Michigan Medical School, Department of Psychiatry
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Bohnert ASB, Valenstein M, Bair MJ, Ganoczy D, McCarthy JF, Ilgen MA, Blow FC. The association between opioid prescribing patterns and opioid overdose-related deaths. JAMA 305(13):1315-1321; 2011.
- Bohnert ASB, Ilgen MA, Ignacio R, McCarthy JF, Valenstein MM, Blow FC. Risk of death from accidental overdose associated with psychiatric and substance use disorders. Am J Psychiatry 169(1):64-70, 2012.
- Bohnert ASB, Ilgen MA, Trafton JA, Kerns RD, Eisenberg A, Ganoczy D, Blow FC. Trends and regional variation in opioid overdose mortality among Veterans Health Administration patients, fiscal year 2001 to 2009. Clin J Pain 30(7):605-12, 2014.