Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Robert A. Zucker, Ph.D., A.B.P.P.
Phone: (734) 232-0280
- 1958-1966 Harvard University; Ph.D. (clinical psychology)
- 1956-1958 U.C.L.A. (psychology and sociology)
- 1952-1956 City College of New York; B.C.E. (cum laude, civil engineering)
- Substance Abuse: Diagnosis and treatment; Early identification and prevention; Behavioral family interventions
- Multi-level etiology and course of alcohol and other drug use disorders
- Neural circuitry and genetics associated with substance use disorders
- Lifespan development
- Professor of Psychiatry, Medical School
- Professor of Psychology in Psychology, College of Literature, Science & the Arts
- Faculty Associate, Research Center for Group Dynamics, Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Strobbe, S., Thompson, S.M., & Zucker, R.A. (2013, in press). Teaching college students about Alcoholics Anonymous: An experiential approach. Journal of Addictions Nursing.
- Bauer, D.J., Howard, A.L., Baldasaro, R., Curran, P.J., Hussong, A.M., Chassin, L., & Zucker, R.A. (2012, in press). A Tri-Factor Model for Integrating Ratings Across Multiple Informants. Psychological Methods (1/14/13)
- Bauer, D.J., Gottfredson, N.C., Dean, D., & Zucker, R.A. (2012). Analyzing repeated measures data on individuals embedded within dynamic groups. Psychological Methods. 2012 Nov 12. [Epub ahead of print] PMID:23148474
- Weiland, B.J., Wendy Yau,, W.Y., Welsh, R.A., Zucker, R.A., Zubieta, J.K., Heitzeg, M.M. (2012). Accumbens functional connectivity during reward mediates sensation-seeking and alcohol use in high-risk youth. Drug & Alcohol Dependence. 2012 Sept 4. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 22958950.