Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Stanley J. Watson, M.D., Ph.D.
- Stanford University
- Tulane Medical School
- University of Iowa
- Mood, anxiety
- Stress, pain
- Depression & schizophrenia
- Motivational circuits
- Professor of Psychiatry, Medical School
- Co-Director and Senior Research Scientist, Molecular and Behavioral Neurosciences Institute
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Lopez, J.F., Akil, H. and Watson, S.J.: Role of biological and psychological factors in early development and their impact on adult life: Neural circuits mediating stress. Biol. Psychiatry, 46:1461-1471, 1999.
- Bagnol, D., Lu, X-Y, Kaelin, C.B., Day, H.E.W., Ollman, M., Gantz, I, Akil, H., Barsch, G.S. and Watson, S.J.: Anatomy of an endogenous antagonist: Relationship between agouti-related protein and proopiomelanocortinin brain. J. Neurosci. 19(18):RC26:1-7, 1999.
- Lopez-Figueroa, M.O., Day, H.E.W., Lee, S., Rivier, C., Akil, H., and Watson, S.J.: Temporal and anatomical distribution of nitric oxide synthase mRNA expression and nitric oxide production during central nervous system inflammation. J. Brain. Res., In press.
- Richardson-Burns, S.M., Haroutunian, V., Davis, K.L., Watson, S.J. and Meador-Woodruff, J.H.: Metabotropic glutamate receptor mRNA expression in the schizophrenic thalamus. Biol. Psychiatry, in press.