Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Maureen A. Walton, M.P.H., Ph.D.
Phone: (734) 615-6073
- Post-doctoral Training - University of Michigan
- Ph.D. - Michigan State University
- M.P.H. - San Diego State University
- B.S. - Wayne State University
- Substance abuse treatment outcome and relapse prevention
- Brief alcohol interventions in primary care and emergency department settings
- Violence (received/expressed in partner/non-partner relationships) and substance use
- Research Assistant Professor
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Blow, F.C., Walton, M.A., Barry, K., Coyne, J., Mudd, S.A., & Copeland, L.A. (2000). The Relationship Between Alcohol Problems and Health Functioning of Older Adults in Primary Care Settings. Journal of the American Geriatric Society, 48(7), 769-774.
- Walton, M.A., Blow, F.C., Booth, B.M. (2000). A Comparison of Substance Abuse Patients' and Counselors' Perceptions of Relapse Risk: Relationship to Actual Relapse. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 19(2), 161-169.
- Walton, M.A., Blow, F.C., Booth, B.M. (in press). Diversity in Relapse Prevention Needs: Gender and Race Comparisons among Substance Abuse Treatment Patients. American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse.
- Chermack, S.T., Walton, M.A., Fuller, B.E., Blow, F.C. (in press). An examination of partner and non-partner violence and victimization among individuals in substance abuse treatment: General and gender-specific correlates. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors.