Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Fan Meng, Ph.D.
Phone: (734) 615-7099
- Ph.D. Shanghai Institute of Brain Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- B.S. Department of Biology, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- Molecular Biology of G-protein Coupled Receptor Function
- Signal Transduction in CNS
- Microarray Bioinformatics
- Research Assistant Professor, Molecular and Behavioral Neurosciences Institute
- Research Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry
Recent or Representative Publications:
- P. Wang, F. Ding, H. Chiang, R. C. Thompson, S.J. Watson and F. Meng (2001) ProbeMatchDB - a web database for finding equivalent probes across microarray platforms and species. Bioinformatics (In press).
- F. Meng, Q. Wei, M. T. Hoversten, L. P. Taylor, and H. Akil (2000): Switching Agonist/Antagonist Properties of Opiate Alkaloids at the Opioid Receptor Using Mutations Based on the Structure of the Orphanin FQ Receptor. J. Biol. Chem. 275: 21939-21945.
- F. Meng, Y. Ueda, M.T. Hoversten, L.P. Taylor, R.K. Reinscheid, F.J. Monsma, S.J. Watson, O. Civelli, and H. Akil (1998): Creating a functional opioid alkaloid binding pocket in the orphanin FQ receptor through site-directed mutagenesis. Mol. Pharmacol. 53:772-777.
- F. Meng, L.P. Taylor, M.T. Hoversten, Y. Ueda, A. Adati, R.K. Reinscheid, F.J. Monsma, S.J. Watson, O. Civelli, and H. Akil (1996): Moving from the orphanin FQ receptor to an opioid receptor using four point mutations. J. Biol. Chem. 271:32016-32020.