Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Ziad Kronfol, M.D. (Emeritus)
- Research Fellow, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Resident in Psychiatry, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- Medical Intern, American University of Beirut Hospital, Lebanon
- Medical Doctor, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Mood disorders
- Depression associated with medical illness
- Depression associated with treatment with cytokines
- Treatment-resistant depression
- Cytokines and mental health
- Mind-body interactions
- Associate Professor Emeritus, Department of Psychiatry
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Kronfol Z, Remick D: Cytokines and the Brain: Implications for Clinical Psychiatry. American Journal of Psychiatry, 157:683-694, 2000.
- Kronfol Z, Nair MPN, Zhang O, Hill E and Brown MB: Circadian immune measures in healthy volunteers: Relationship to hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis hormones and sympathetic neuro-trans-mitters. Psychosomatic Medicine, 59: 42-50, 1997.
- Kronfol Z, Starkman M, Schteingart DE, Singh VK, Zhang Q and Hill E: Immune regulation in Cushing's syndrome: Relationship to hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis hormones. Psycho-neuro-endocrinology 21: 599-608, 1996.
- Kronfol Z, Nair MPN, Hill E, Kroll P, Brower K and Greden JF: Immune function in alcoholism: a controlled study. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research 17:279-283, 1993.