Department of Psychiatry Faculty
David J. Knesper, M.D. (Emeritus)
- University of Michigan: 1971 - 1974
- Northwestern University: 1966 - 1971
- Purdue University: 1962 - 1966
- Psychiatric problems of people who are medically ill
- Geriatric psychiatry
- Depression and related psychiatric disorders
- Psychosomatic medicine
- Drug-drug interactions
- Psychopharmacology and clinical drug trials
- Immune system and mood disorders
- Brain-behavior relationships
- Associate Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry, Medical School
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Knesper DJ, Riba M, Schwenk T (Eds). Primary Care Psychiatry. W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, 1997.
- Knesper DJ. Depressed and Six Months to Live: Time Enough for the Aggressive Use of Antidepressants! Primary Care and Cancer. To be published.
- Knesper DJ. Can Major Depression be Diagnosed and Treated in Twenty Minutes or Less? If so, How? International Journal of Psychiatry in Medicine 1998; 27:334-335.
- Knesper DJ, Cameron OC, Guthrie SK, Mellow AM. Essential Psychopharmacology Skills and Tools. In Knesper DJ, Riba M, Schwenk T (Eds). Primary Care Psychiatry. W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, 1997.