Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Cheryl Ann King, Ph.D.
Phone: (734) 764-3168
- 1987-1988 Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, Lafayette Clinic and Wayne State University, Department of Psychiatry, Detroit, Michigan
- 1983-1984 Clinical Psychology Internship, Department of Psychiatry, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana
- 1978-1983 Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana; Ph.D. (major: Clinical Psychology; minor: Developmental Psychology)
- 1973-1976 University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan; B.A. (conferred "With High Distinction")
- Assessment and treatment of suicidal youth
- Early onset depression
- Psychosocial interventions with children and families (cognitive-behavioral therapy, interpersonal psychotherapy, family therapy)
- Youth Suicide Prevention/Intervention Efficacy
- Adolescent depression/Depressive comorbidities
- Suicide Risk Factors
- Developmental Psychopathology
- Professor of Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry
- Professor of Psychology, Department of Psychology
- Director, Institute for Human Adjustment, University of Michigan
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Czyz EK, Liu Z, King CA: Social Connectedness and One-Year Trajectories Among Suicidal Adolescents Following Psychiatric Hospitalization. Journal of Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology, 41(2), 214-226, 2012. PMID: 22417194
- O’Mara, R.M., Hill, R.M., Cunningham, R.M., & King, C.A. Parent and Adolescent Attitudes towards Screening for Suicide Risk and Mental Health Problems in the Pediatric Emergency Department. Pediatric Emergency Care, 28(7), 626-632, 2012. PMID: 22743751
- Foran-Tuller K., Robiner, W.N., Brelan-Noble, A., Otey-Scott, S., Wyrobeck, J., King, C., & Sanders, K. Early Career Boot Camp: A Novel Mechanism for Enhancing Early Career Development for Psychologists in Academic Healthcare. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings, 19(1), 117-125, 2012.
- King, C.A., Hill, R.M., Wynne, H.A. & Cunningham, R.M. Adolescent Suicide Risk Screening: The Effect of Communication about type of Follow-Up on Adolescents’ Screen Response. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, 41(4), 508-515, 2012. PMID: 22540534
- King, C.A., Horwitz, A.G., Berona, J., & Jiang, Q. Acutely Suicidal Adolescents Who Engage in Bullying Behavior: One Year Trajectories. Journal of Adolescent Health (in press).