Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Joseph Himle, Ph.D.
Phone: (734) 764-5348
- Internship (November, 1983 - December, 1984), Anxiety Disorders Program, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Doctor of Philosophy (Social Work and Psychology), The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1995
- Master of Social Work - Interpersonal Practice, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, December, 1984
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1983
- Anxiety Disorders
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment of Anxiety Disorders
- Group Behavioral Therapy of Adult and Pediatric Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Genetic and Neurological Issues In Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment of Comorbid Anxiety and Depression
- Associate Professor, U-M School of Social Work
- Associate Professor, U-M Department of Psychiatry
- Director, Vivian A. and James L. Curtis School of Social Work Research and Training Center
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Thomason, E., Flynn, H.A, Himle, J.A., & Volling, B.L. (in press). Are women’s parenting-specific beliefs associated with depressive symptoms in the perinatal period?: Development of the rigidity of maternal beliefs scale. Depression and Anxiety.
- Himle, J.A., Weaver, A., Bybee, D., O''Donnell, L.A., Vlnka, S., Laviolette, W.T., Steinberger, E., Golenberg, Z., & Levine, D.S. (2014). A comparison of unemployed job-seekers with and without social anxiety. Psychiatric Services, 65, 924-930.
- Levine, D.S., Himle, J.A., Abelson, J.M., Matusko, N., Dhawan, N. & Taylor, R.J. (2014). The Relationship of Discrimination on Social Anxiety Disorder Among African Americans, Caribbean Blacks and Non-Hispanic Whites. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 202, 224-230
- Fluent, T.E., Kuebler, J., Deneke, D.E., & Himle, J.A. (2013). How best to engage patients in their psychiatric care. Current Psychiatry, 12, 22-36.
- O’Mahen, H., Himle, J.A., Fedock, G., Henshaw, E., & Flynn, H. (2013). A pilot randomized controlled trial of cognitive behavioral therapy for perinatal depression adapted for women with low incomes. Depression and Anxiety, 30, 679-687