Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Gregory L. Hanna, M.D.
- Clinical and Research Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- Residency in Psychiatry, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI
- Internship, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI
- University of Oklahoma School of Medicine, Oklahoma City, OK; M.D.
- University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK; B.A.
- Pediatric psychopharmacology
- Anxiety and tic disorders
- Psychiatric genetics
- Phenomenology, neurobiology, and treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Professor of Psychiatry, Medical School
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Carrasco M, Harbin SM, Nienhuis JK, Fitzgerald KD, Gehring WJ, Hanna GL. Increased error-related brain activity in youth with obsessive-compulsive disorder and unaffected siblings. Depression and Anxiety, 30:39-46, 2013.
- Stewart SE, Mayerfeld C, Arnold PD, Crane J, O’Dushlaine C, Fagerness J, Scharf J, Kassam F, Wendland J, Delorme R, Richter M, Kennedy J, Veenstra-VanderWeele J, Nestadt G, Samuels J, Greenberg B, McCracken JT, Knowles J, Fyer A, Rauch S, Murphy DL, Cook EH, Pauls DL, Hanna GL, Mathews CA. Meta-analysis of association between obsessive-compulsive disorder and the 3’ region of neuronal glutamate transporter SLC1A1. American Journal of Medical Genetics 162B:367-379, 2013.
- Liu Y, Hanna GL, Carrasco M, Gehring WJ, Fitzgerald KD. Altered relationship between electrophysiological response to errors and gray matter volumes in an extended network for error-processing in pediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder. Human Brain Mapping, 35:1143-1153, 2014.
- Yu D, Mathews CA, Scharf JM, Neale BM, Davis LK, Gamazon ER, Derks EM, Evans P, Edlund CK, Crane J, Et al. Cross-disorder genome-wide analyses suggest separate genetic contributions to Tourette syndrome and obsessive-compulsive disorder. American Journal of Psychiatry, 172:82-93, 2015.
- Diwadkar VA, Burgess A, Hong E, Rix C, Arnold PD, Hanna GL, Rosenberg DR. Dysfunctional activation and brain network profiles in youth with obsessive-compulsive disorder: a focus on the dorsal anterior cingulate during working memory. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 9:1-11, 2015.
- Hanna GL, Gehring WJ. The NIMH Research Domain Criteria initiative and error-related brain activity. Psychophysiology, 53:386-388, 2016. PMID: 26877130.