Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Gregory L. Hanna, M.D.
- Clinical and Research Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- Residency in Psychiatry, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI
- Internship, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI
- University of Oklahoma School of Medicine, Oklahoma City, OK; M.D.
- University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK; B.A.
- Pediatric psychopharmacology
- Anxiety and tic disorders
- Psychiatric genetics
- Phenomenology, neurobiology, and treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Professor of Psychiatry, Medical School
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Hanna GL, Veenstra-VanderWeele J, Cox NJ, Boehnke M, Himle JA, Curtis GC, Leventhal BL, Cook EH. Genome-wide linkage analysis of families with obsessive-compulsive disorder ascertained through pediatric probands. American Journal of Medical Genetics, 114:541-552, 2002.
- Hanna GL, Himle JA, Curtis GC, Gillespie BW. A family study of obsessive-compulsive disorder with pediatric probands. American Journal of Medical Genetics, 134:13-19, 2005.
- Hanna GL, Fingerlin TE, Himle JA, Boehnke M. Complex segregation analysis of obsessive compulsive disorder in families with pediatric probands. Human Heredity, 60:1-9, 2005.
- Dickel DE, Veenstra-VanderWeele J, Cox NJ, Wu X, Fischer DJ, Van Etten-Lee M, Himle JA, Leventhal BL, Cook EH, Hanna GL. Association testing of the positional and functional candidate gene SLC1A1 in early-onset obsessive-compulsive disorder. Archives of General Psychiatry, 63:778-785, 2006.
- Hanna GL, Veenstra-VanderWeele J, Cox NJ, Van Etten-Lee M, Fischer DJ, Himle JA, Bivens NC, Wu X, Roe CA, Hennessy KA, Dickel DE, Leventhal, BL, Cook EH. Evidence for a susceptibility locus on chromosome 10p15 in early-onset obsessive-compulsive disorder. Biological Psychiatry, 62:856-862, 2007.
- Hanna GL, Himle JA, Hanna BS, Gold KJ, Gillespie BW. Major depressive disorder in a family study of obsessive-compulsive disorder with pediatric probands. Depression and Anxiety, 28:501-508, 2011.
- Hanna GL, Carrasco M, Harbin SM, Nienhuis JK, LaRosa CE, Chen P, Fitzgerald, KD, Gehring WJ. Error-related negativity and tic history in pediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 51:902-910, 2012.
- Mathews CA, Badner JA, Andresen MA, Sheppard B, Himle JA, Grant JE, Williams KE, Chavira DA, Azzam A, Reus VI, Kim SW, Cook EH, Hanna GL. Genomewide linkage analysis of obsessive-compulsive disorder implicates chromosome 1p36. Biological Psychiatry, 72:629-636, 2012.