Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Melvin J. Guyer, Ph.D, J.D.
- J.D. University of Michigan Law School 1976
- Ph.D. University of Michigan 1967
- MA University of Michigan 1974
- BA Wayne State University 1961
- Dissociative Disorders
- The Unreliability of Clinical Assessment
- Game theory
- Reliability of Clinical Decision Making
- Assessments of Child Abuse Allegations
- Law and Psychiatry
- Professor of Psychiatry, Medical School
- Adjunct Professor of Psychology
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Guyer, M.J. The expert in child custody evaluations. Michigan Family Law Journal, Special Edition ³Expert Witnesses²,47-51, Jan., 2000.
- Guyer, M.J. & Levy, R. Introduction to legal system. in: Comprehensive Textbook of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (eds. Schetky, D. & Benedek, E.) Am Psychiatric Assoc. Press, Inc. (In press, 2000).
- PSchetky, S. & Guyer, M.J. Psychic Trauma and Civil Litigation. in: Comprehensive Textbook of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (eds. Schetky, D. & Benedek, E.) Am Psychiatric Assoc. Press, Inc. (In press, 2000).
- Guyer, M.J. (and Others). Legal and Mental Health Perspectives on Custody Law: A Desk Book for Judges. The West Group, Rochester, N.Y. 1998, 379 pps.