Department of Psychiatry Faculty
John F. Greden, M.D.
Phone: (734) 763-9629
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Psychiatry Residency, 1970-72
- University of Minnesota Hospitals, Psychiatry Residency and Training Program, 1968-69
- Harbor/UCLA Medical Center, Medicine Internship, 1967-68
- University of Minnesota Medical School, M.D., 1967
- University of Minnesota, B.S., 1965
- General adult psychiatry and psychopharmacology
- Major Depressive Disorders: Unipolar and Bipolar
- Development and refinement of a treatment algorithms for affective disorders
- The lifetime treatment of recurrent affective disorder
- Relationship of neuroendocrine dysregulation to mood disorders
- Recurrent depression and extended maintenance treatment and medications
- Short- and long-term effects of different sequences of medication and/or psychotherapy for the treatment of unipolar depressions resistant
- Longitudinal course of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)
- Rachel Upjohn Professor of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
- Executive Director, University of Michigan Depression Center
- Research Professor, Molecular and Behavioral Neurosciences Institute
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Greden, J.F.: "Serotonin: How much we have learned! So much to discover..." Biological Psychiatry. 44(5): 309-12, 1998.
- Greden, J.F.: "Do Long-Term Treatments Alter Lifetime Course? Lessons Learned, Actions Needed" Journal of Psychiatric Research, 32(3-4):197-9, 1998.
- Greden JF: "Antidepressant Maintenance Medications" Pharmacotherapy for Mood, Anxiety, and Cognitive Disorders. Edited by U Halbreich and S Montgomery, Washington, D.C.: pp.315-330, 2000.
- Greden, JF: "Treatment of Recurrent Depression: A Call to Arms" APA Annual Review of Psychiatry, Vol. 20, Section 1 American Psychiatric Press Inc., Washington, DC, 2001.