Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Neera Ghaziuddin, M.D.
- Fellowship-University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Residency-University of London, UK
- M.D. - Delhi University, India
- Mood disorders in adolescents
- Psychotic disorders in adolescents
- Biology of adolescent mood disorders
- Electroconvulsive therapy
- Catatonia in typical developing and developmentally delayed adolescents
- Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Ghaziuddin N, Welch K, King C, Ghaziuddin M (2014). Depressed suicidal adolescent males have an altered cortisol response to a pharmacological challenge. Asian Journal of Psychiatry, 7(1); 28-33.
- Ghaziuddin N, Merchant C, Dopp R, King C (2014). A naturalistic study of suicidal adolescents treated with an SSRI: suicidal ideation and behavior during 3-month post-hospitalization period. Asian Journal of Psychiatry. 2014:11; 13-19.
- Gih D, Ghaziuddin N (2014). Use of electroconvulsive therapy in the treatment of catatonia. Future Medicine, 9(5); 533-540.
- Ghaziuddin N, Nassiri A, Miles J. Catatonia in Down syndrome. Neuropsychiatric disease and treatment. April 2, 2015. Volume 2015:11; 941-949.
- Winarni TI, Schneider A, Ghaziuddin N, Seritan A, Hagerman RJ (2015). Psychosis and catatonia in fragile X: Case report and literature review. Intractable and Rare Disease Research. 4(3): 139-146.