Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Thomas Fluent, M.D.
- Child Psychiatry Fellowship, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, D.C., July 1993 - June 1995
- General Psychiatry Residency, Naval Medical Center, Portsmouth, Virginia, June 1989 - June 1993
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, May 1989
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Eastern Michigan University, May, 1984
- Adolescent psychopathology
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Mood/Anxiety Disorders
- Asperger's Disorder
- Resident Education
- Stimulants and mood symptoms
- Child bereavement
- Clinical Associate Professor, Medical School
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Hanna GL, Fischer DJ, Fluent TE. Separation anxiety disorder and school refusal in children and adolescents. Pediatr Rev. 2006 Feb;27(2):56-63.
- Hanna GL, Fluent TE, Fischer DJ. Separation anxiety in children and adolescents treated with risperidone. J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol. 1999;9(4):277-83.
- Himle JA, Crystal D, Curtis GC, Fluent TE. Mode of onset of simple phobia subtypes: further evidence of heterogeneity. Psychiatry Res. 1991 Jan;36(1):37-43.