Department of Psychiatry Faculty
Henry A. Buchtel, Ph.D.
Phone: (734) 763-9259
- McGill University (Ph.D. 1969)
- McGill University (M.A. 1965)
- Dartmouth College (B.A. 1964)
- Epilepsy and Epilepsy Surgery
- Amnestic Disorders
- Brain and Behavior Relationships
- Language abilities after Anterior Temporal Lobectomy
- Attention, Consciousness, and Frontal Lobe Functions
- Brain Organization of Face Recognition
- Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry
- Director of Psychology Training
- Chief, Neuropsychology Section - VA Hospital
Recent or Representative Publications:
- Hatcher, R.L. & Buchtel, H.A. Postdoctoral Training in Clinical Psychology. (In Press) In John C. Norcross, Gary R. VandenBos, & Donald K. Freedheim; Associate Editor for Volume V: Linda F. Campbell (Eds.) APA Handbook of Clinical Psychology. Volume V: Education and Profession.
- Chapman CH, Nagest V, Sundgren PC, Buchtel H, Chenevert, TL, Junck L, Lawrence TS, Tsien CI & Cao Y. (2012) Diffusion tensor imaging of normal appearing white matter as a biomarker for radiation-induced late delayed cognitive decline. International Journal of Radiation, Oncology, Biology and Physics, 84(1):231-237.
- Engel J Jr, et al. (2010) Design considerations for a multicenter randomized controlled trial of early surgery for mesial temporal lobe epilepsy. Epilepsia. 10:1978-1986.
- Βuchtel, H.A. & Selwa, L.M. (2009) Neuropsychological Aspects of Epilepsy. In I. Grant and K.M. Adams (Eds.) Neuropsychological Assessment of Neuropsychiatric and Neuromedical Disorders, 3rd Edition.
- Cao Y, Tsien CI, Sundgren PC, Nagesh V, Normolle D, Buchtel H, Junck L, Lawrence TS. (2009) Dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging as a biomarker for prediction of radiation-induced neurocognitive dysfunction. Clinical Cancer Research, 15:1747-1754.
- Berlucchi, G & Buchtel, H.A. (2008) Neuronal Plasticity: Historical Roots and Evolution of Meaning. Experimental Brain Research. 192:307-321.
- Buchtel HA and Bieliauskas LA. (2008) Chapter 16: Anticonvulsants. In Berent S. & Albers JW. (Eds) Neurobehavioral Toxicology: Neurological and Neuropsychological Perspectives, Vol. III, Central Nervous System. London and New York: Taylor and Francis.